A competition entry may consist of up to Five (5) images presented in the required manner and must be accompanied by a correctly completed competition entry form.
• If the entries from members of the club exceed the limit for the competition, then individuals may only have 3 or 4 entries put into the competition.
• Entries are to be listed in rank order such that if the quota is reduced to four entries it will be the one listed fifth that will not be used and if the quota is reduced to three entries it will be the ones listed fourth and fifth that will not be used.
All entries including the completed competition entry form must be with the Competition Secretary at least one week prior to the competition date.
• Only work in which all of the elements of the image have been photographed by the entrant may be submitted.
• Any alteration/manipulation must be the work of the entrant with the exception of colour balancing by a Commercial Photo Printing Service.
• Work that is so similar, whether PDI or Print, as to be effectively indistinguishable from work entered during previous seasons, will not be accepted in any competition.
Entrants are divided into two sections, Intermediate and Advanced.
• New members may choose to be in either the Intermediate or the Advanced.
• At the end of each season the highest point’s scorer in the Intermediate section will be moved to the Advanced section.
• Any member who has moved to the Advanced section, or new member who has chosen to be in the Advanced section, but has not been as successful as they desired, may apply to the Committee to return to the Intermediate section at the beginning of the following season.
• Print entries must be board mounted and not glazed or framed.
• The print shall be titled on the rear, at the top, by the entrant.
• No information other than the title shall appear on the entry.
• Any other information must be covered over by the entrant otherwise the entry WILL be disqualified from the competition.
• Advanced section entries must be on a mount sized 500mm by 400mm.
• In the Intermediate section smaller mounts are permitted up to a maximum of 500mm x 400mm.
Projected Digital Image (PDI) Competition:
• Projected Digital Images shall be up to1600 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high.
(“Portrait” format images must NOT exceed 1200 pixels high)
• In JPEG format.
• The colour space set to sRGB.
• The file name shall be the same as that shown on the entry form.
Points are awarded in each class and in each Competition thus:-
1st Place 10 Points
2nd Place 8 Points
3rd Place 6 Points
Highly Commended 4 Points
Commended 2 Points
• Work placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a monthly competition during a season may then only be entered in the Print of the Year competition for that season. It cannot be entered again in any section (Intermediate or Advanced) of any other club competition in any future season.
• All other work entered in monthly competitions including Highly commended and commended may be used no more than a total of 4 times, with the exception of that
season’s Print of the Year.
• Entries for the annual Print of the Year competition at the end of the season must ONLY consist of the original and unaltered work that has been entered in that season (whether placed or not).
• Any print or Projected Digital Image (PDI) entered into a monthly club competition may be retained by the Competition Secretary for use in inter-club competitions. It will be returned to the author before the end of the season, or earlier if requested.
The Committee’s decision in all matters shall be final.
‘People’ (formerly Portrait of the Year) – The Mike Smith Memorial Trophy
Purpose: The above Trophy shall be presented at the end of each Season for what is judged to be the best ‘People’ picture of the year. It may be retained by the Winner for the following season, but shall remain the property of Blythe Bridge Camera Club.
Definition: For the purposes of definition, ‘People’ shall be a picture of a living person or persons by its intent.
Entry: Entry to the competition for the above Trophy shall be via the People Competition. All work must conform to the current Competition Rules.
Judging: All work shall first be judged in respect of each section. At this point all the work eligible for entry to the competition for the above Trophy shall be re-examined and, without discrimination or favour as regards section (Intermediate or Advanced), shall be assessed for the single entry which in the Judge’s opinion is the “People picture of the Year”.
Landscape of the Year:- The George Steele Trophy
Purpose: The above Trophy shall be awarded annually at the date of the Landscape Competition or other date as decided by the Committee. It may be retained by the Winner for the following season, but shall remain the property of Blythe Bridge Camera Club.
Definition: For the purposes of definition, ‘Landscape’ shall be a picture in which the focus is a landscape or seascape.
Entry: Entry to the competition shall be via the Landscape Competition. All work must conform to the current Competition Rules.
Judging: All work shall first be judged in respect of each section. At this point all the work eligible for entry to the competition for the above Trophy shall be re-examined and, without discrimination or favour as regards section (i.e. Intermediate or Advanced), shall be assessed for the single entry which in the Judge’s opinion is the “Landscape of the Year”.
The following trophies shall be awarded at the Club’s Annual Presentation Evening at the discretion of the Committee:-
Denton Edwards Memorial Trophy shall be awarded to a Member of the Club who, in the opinion of the Committee, has shown outstanding commitment to the Club.
Ladies Trophy (Most Accumulated Points) shall be awarded to the Lady Member of the Club who has accumulated the most points in the monthly Competitions.
Additionally trophies are awarded for:
– the most points in the monthly Advanced print competitions.
– the most points in the monthly Intermediate print competitions.
– the most points in the monthly Advanced PDI competitions.
– the most points in the monthly Intermediate PDI competitions.
– People / Portrait of the year ( Mike Smith Memorial trophy )
– Landscape of the year ( George Steele Trophy )
– AV of the Year